Every morning TheScore.ie bring you the stories you need to know before your first cup of coffee.
1. #LONDON2012 It’s track time. Ireland runners, walkers and jumpers hit the Olympic stadium today on Day 7 of the Games in London. Here’s what you can expect there and elsewhere on a busy day of action and this is what our resident expert Ailis McSweeney expects to see.
2. #GAA The big news that broke last night in the Gaelic games world was the departure of Seamus McEnaney as Meath manager. Trevor Giles is tipped to take over from the Monaghan man who led the Royals as far as defeat to Laois last week. “I want to thank my management team and the Meath players for their huge effort, commitment and loyalty they have given me over the past two years,” Banty said. “I want to thank the Meath County Board, the Meath Supporters and everyone involved in the GAA in County Meath.”
3. #EUROPA LEAGUE St Pat’s suffered a 3-0 defeat to Bundesliga side Hannover 96at Tallaght Stadium last night. Leon Andreasen put the visitors ahead after six minutes, with a spectacular effort from distance. Christian Pander doubled their advantage with just over 20 minutes remaining with a similarly ambitious effort, before Didier Ya Konan added to the hosts’ misery in the dying stages. Elsewhere in the Europa League qualifiers, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers got up and running with a 1-0 win in Belarus. Stewart Downing was the unfamiliar name on the scoresheet.
4. #GOLF Jim Furyk has taken control of the WGC event in Akron, Ohio, at seven under; Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell are level par.
5. #GAELIC FOOTBALL There’s a mouth-watering schedule of action at Croke Park this weekend. Last night Kerry manager Jack O’Connor named an unchanged side for the meeting with Donegal on Sunday while both Cork and Kildare named starting sides ahead of their showdown.