10. If you’ve just dropped your child in the hope of retrieving a sounvenir baseball, lengthy explanations probably aren’t going to curry favour with your significant other. Advice: stop digging.
YouTube credit: ptkellerful
9. “Power coarsing through him like a seismic wave, his right foot drops like a thousand hammers. A force of nature…” Emile Heskey, obviously.
YouTube credit: SASportsGaming
8. David Mead of the Gold Coast Titans? Mad skillz.
YouTube credit: GoldCoastReview
7. A run-of-the-mill ruling at a sparsely-attended LET event in Turkey. See the comic potential?
Did I mention there was a golf cart involved?
YouTube credit: ladieseuropeantour
6. This column has witnessed it’s fair share of footballing calamity in 2011, but nothing– nothing– could compare with the acrobatic majesty of Festus Baise’s reverse scorpion kick (though Inigo Martinez and the Belorussian goalie deserve special mentions).
YouTube credit: KINGFLYPLUTO
5. Galway’s Joe Canning produced a moment of pure, unadulterated magic during his side’s All-Ireland qualifier with Cork this year. When the cameraman is left baffled, you know you’ve done something right.
YouTube credit: jdtvideo
4. Kevin Prince Boateng is a man of many talents. Strangely, impersonating Billy Jean-era Michael Jackson is one of them.
YouTube credit: Leutonio
3. With $10 million and a trip to the Presidents Cup on the line, Bill Haas risked everything by trying to play from a water hazard during the play-off to decide this year’s Tour Championship.
YouTube credit: PGA Tour
2. Usain Bolt was out of the blocks faster than anyone else during the final of the men’s 100m at this summer’s World Championships. For the first time in his career, this was a bad thing.
YouTube credit: handello
1. This little piece of wizardry earned Brazilian scamp Neymar a nomination for this year’s Puskás Award (for awesomeness in the cause of goal-scoring). And rightly so.
YouTube credit: SeedorfHun22