10. Paul McGrath has apparently launched a singing in career. Best of luck to one of our favourite players ever.
9. We sat down with All Blacks legend Zinzan Brooke ahead of tomorrow’s Rugby World Cup kick-off tomorrow in New Zealand.
He talked us through the haka – we’ll post it before lunch. In the meantime, here’s how not to face it.
8. Dear God. Here’s the worst penalty ever taken. And the ref booked him for good measure, details here.
7. You’re standing outside the Britannia Stadium at 11pm on a school night, the cameras are rolling, and the nation is watching you? Time for a roll-up. [H/T Guardian]
6. The NFL season gets underway tonight with New Orleans at Green Bay. Here’s Steven O’Rourke’s season preview - his regular column will return later.
In the meantime, check out Sports Science experiment with Saints QB Drew Brees. If you’ve been in the pub with me, I’ve probably bored you with it already. Incredible stuff.
5. The late, great Arturo Gatti is in the news again today as the probe into his death drags on. Let’s remember why we loved to watch him – here is against his old rival ‘Irish’ Mickey Ward.
4. Michael Fennelly. Ooof.
3. Sharp intake of breath with those one too, folks. File under: Phil Babb.
2. Richard Dunne’s goal-line clearance on Tuesday – also known as the moment Ireland’s economy turned a corner.
1. Holywood’s newest celebrity, Caroline Wozniaki, makes fun of Rafa Nadal’s cramp-faint episode in New York. Comedy gold.