It’s the YouTube top 10 so that means Friday is only a few hours away. One last push, now.
10. Have you ever thought about which sport stars you would like to shoot the breeze with while sipping on a cold beer? Was David Beckham one of them? Probably not.
Just as well, really because old Becks apparently isn’t a fan of the amber nectar. At least not when it’s hurtling at him from the stand.
Still, he didn’t let that phase him and his corner brought a goal for his beloved LA Galaxy. That showed them.
YouTube credit: WildersGod
9. Yes, yes Rory McIlroy will tee off at the Blue Monster today in Miami as the world number one, but he still as a bit of work to do to get into this top 10.
YouTube credit: pgatour
8. Scotland arrive in Dublin this weekend amazingly seeking their third win over us in four attempts. That run of success began on their last visit, a 23-20 win in the last rugby match to be played in Croke Park.
But enough about Dan Parks late winning penalty, it had all started so well with Brian O’Driscoll romping to the line.
YouTube credit: Matt8929
7. For all you cricket fans out there you’ll have noticed that Rahul Dravid is expected to announce his retirement tomorrow at the age of 39.
Dravid racked up 13,288 runs for India. 95 of those came on his test debut against England. So here they are.
YouTube credit: jellofingerful
6. Where there is injustice, where there is a scandal there is only one place to go for the full exaggerated version of events.
Following on from the furore surrounding the New Orleans ‘bounty’ scheme, which rewarded players for injuring opponents, those nice Taiwanese people at NMA have brought you this little number.
YouTube credit: NMAWorldEdition
5. We were thinking of tying this into the latest update from the Paris-Nice race or perhaps as a congratulations to the Sean Kelly an Post team who won the GP Wanzele yesterday. But this is apropos of nothing, really.
It’s an old video too, but scary as hell.
Watch out for that dog.
YouTube credit: redbull
4. Time flies when you’re having fun and by ‘having fun’ we mean watching football. While most cameras at last week’s international friendly at the Aviva were trained on James McClean, one team were putting together something a little more artistic.
YouTube credit: AvivaIreland
3. Earlier today we showed you LeBron James’ outstanding pirouette dunk. Well, this lay-up from the same game is arguably more impressive given that the game is well and truly in the balance and deep in the fourth quarter.
YouTube credit: HEATPOSTERIZED
2. Lionel Messi scored five goals in the Champions League last night. Nobody’s ever done that before.
YouTube credit: canalfutbolista2
1. Derek Rabelo is a young Brazilian surfer. Derek Rabelo is blind.
He lets one of those things define him, can you tell what it is yet?
YouTube credit: LEMOSIMAGESTV