Every morning TheScore.ie brings you the stories you need to know before that first cup of coffee.
1. #REVENGE Liverpool gained some small consolation for their FA Cup final defeat by thrashing Chelsea 4-1 at Anfield last night.
A Michael Essen own goal was followed before halftime by goals from Jordan Henderson and Daniel Agger.
You can read how the second half unfolded, here.
Luis Suarez tormented the Blues’ defence all night and, this morning, John Terry will find it hard to escape a wide call for him to be dropped when Roy Hodgson names his England squad next week.
Tonight in England, Chris Hughton’s Birmingham will tonight need to overturn a one goal first leg deficit against Blackpool if they are to progress to the Championship Play-off final.
2. #EUROPA LEAGUE Tonight will see the final of Europe’s second-tier competition sneak up on us with an all La Liga final.
Atletico Madrid face Athletic Bilbao in Bucharest hoping to claim their first Europa League crown after winning the UEFA Cup in 2010.
3. #INJURY Paul O’Connell looks set to miss Ireland’s summer tour to New Zealand after Munster estimated that his lay-off with a knee injury could be up to six weeks. That time-scale would put him out for two of the three tests against the All Blacks.
4. #ROCKET Ronnie O’Sullivan has called on World Snooker organisers to cut players some slack as the hectic schedule could force him to quit the game.
5. #NEW FLAME When the Olympic torch crosses into the Republic of Ireland this summer it will be carried by such legends of sport as Paul McGrath, Henry Shefflin and Michael Carruth. Wayne McCollough is expected to run the last leg with the torch in Northern Ireland before handing over at the border.
6. #GAA A day after the Leinster championship was officially launched, rumours are circulating that the veteran legs of Ciaran McManus are set to return to aid Offally’s challenge. McManus is thought to have been coaxed out of retirement by manager, Tom Coffey.