1. FIFA It’s going to be a long day at the office for Sepp Blatter.
Football’s governing body will hold their presidential election in the coming hours unless the English FA achieve their goal of having the ballot delayed. We’ll have more throughout the day.
2. TRAGEDY Clare GAA and the wider community in the county was in shock last night after the sudden death of senior inter-county footballer Niall White.
3. BOXING Kenny Egan yesterday landed a few hits on the teenager that took his national title. The Olympic medallist said of 17-year-old Joe Ward.
“He does have a qualm about sparring all the time, he thinks I’ll learn too much off him. “He is good, but he’s not that good. He can get a bit ahead of himself, thinking I can learn things off him.
“I’ve been No 1 for years. I would always be training with the No 2. But I wouldn’t diss him or anything, I’d spar him all the time and I’d try and bring him on.”
Read more in the Independent.
4. HOOPS The NBA Finals got under way last night with the Miami Heat taking the first game against the Dallas Mavericks.
LeBron James scored 24 points for his first win in five finals games, Dwayne Wade scored 15 of his 22 points in the second half and the Heat beat the Mavs 92-84.
5. HAPPY HAMMERS? Sam Allardyce was this morning confirmed as the new West Ham manager. He promised to again make Upton Park a Premier League stadium,
6. ROLAND GARROS Things are hotting up nicely for an exciting tournament finish in Paris. Yesterday Andy Murray survived a massive scare, coming back to beat Victor Troicki 4-6, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 7-5.