1. #PREMIER LEAGUE It was a big night of top-flight action in England. Check out who the big winners and losers were in our comprehensive EPL mop-up.
2. #SUPER BOWL COUNTDOWN We’ll continue to add our considerable weight to this charming little event this week. Let’s hope it catches on!
Steven O’Rourke explains the game of American football to dummies like you and I, charts his favourite half-time shows and recounts the best individual performances in gridiron’s showpiece.
We also explain the magic yellow first-down line on your TV screen – which is fascinating. As well as that we plan much more later today – there’s just not enough Super Bowl articles out there, we feel.
3. #INJURY Stephen Ireland is a few weeks away from making his Newcastle injury as he landed in the north-east of England with a knock. He didn’t say if it was picked up in his karate class.
4. #PREMIER LEAGUE Newcastle travel to face Fulham tonight in one of six games. Liverpool welcome Stoke without Fernando Torres of course.
5. #BOARDWALK EMPIRE HBO’s Scorsese-made prohibtion-era mini-series debuted on Sky Atlantic last night. One TV critic enjoyed it.
6. #SIX NATIONS As we digest yesterday’s team annoucement from Declan Kidney, we’ll continue our build-up to the championship kick-off on Friday night with a comprehensive profile of the mercurial French.
Tries like this may feature heavily. Merci.