1. #DUBLIN GAA Ballymun Kickhams are the champions of Dublin for the first time since 1985 after they edged Kilmacud Crokes by a single point in the Dublin SFC final.
Full-forward Dean Rock, son of former inter-county legend Barney, was the evening’s hero in Parnell Park with seven points as Ballymun won 1-12 to 0-14.
2. #CLATTENBURG The Football Association launched an investigation yesterday into claims that referee Mark Clattenburg used inappropriate language towards two Chelsea players during their match with Manchester United on Sunday.
Clattenburg will not officiate at a match this weekend while the FA probe is ongoing.
3. #MARATHON Geoffrey Ndungu made it two-in-a-row when he won the men’s race at the Dublin City Marathon for the second successive year.
Ndungu finished in 2:11:09 while his fellow Kenyan Magdalene Mukunzi won the women’s race in 2:30:46.
4. #PLAYOFF All eyes will be on Oriel Park tonight as Darius Kierans and Dundalk host Paul O’Brien’s Waterford United in the first leg of the Airtricity League Promotion/Relegation play-off.
Kierans will have wait to see if top scorer Gary Shanahan recovers from an ankle injury while Derek Foran and Paul Walsh are also doubts for tonight’s game.
5. #BALLON D’OR Barcelona icon Lionel Messi heads a 23-strong shortlist for a fourth FIFA/France Football Ballon d’Or (Golden Ball) award.
A three-man final shortlist will be unveiled on 29 November before the winner is announced on 7 January.
6. #NFL Alex Smith threw for three touchdowns — two of which were caught by Michael Crabtree — as the San Francisco 49ers improved to 6-2 with a 24-3 win at the Arizona Cardinals last night.