1. #SAINTS St Patrick’s Athletic, the last Airtricity League team left in Europe, take on Hannover 96 in the third round of the Europa League tonight. Talking about the first leg at Tallaght Stadium, as Richmond Park does not meet UEFA requirements, manager Liam Buckley said:
“It’s a disappointment, that said we’re still in Dublin and we’ve a good record up in Tallaght. Down here creates it’s own atmosphere and it’s unique in that it’s so tight. But look it, it is what it is and we’re looking forward to the game up there.”
For a preview on the game, click this link.
2. #TEAM NEWS Dublin have made one change for Saturday’s All-Ireland SFC quarter-final with Laois. Eoghan O’Gara comes in for Kevin McManamon in the full forward line. Alan Brogan, meanwhile, has been named in the starting XV despite coming off injured against Meath in the Leinster final.
Laois boss Justin McNulty has named an unchanged team for the clash at Croke Park.
3. #INJURY Richard Dunne faces up to eight weeks on the sidelines and is in danger of missing Ireland’s first two World Cup 2014 qualifiers. In a statement yesterday, Aston Villa confirmed that the veteran centre-half suffered medial ligament damage to his groin. Read more here.
4. LONDON 2012 It’s another busy day at the Olympics for Irish athletes, who will compete in rowing, swimming, equestrian, sailing, canoeing and boxing this afternoon. For a full schedule of the events and times, read our Olympic Breakfast here.
5. #I QUIT One of the badminton players who was involved in the Olympic match-fixing scandal has decided to pack in playing. Yu Yang, who was disqualified from the Olympics for attempting to deliberately lose matches at London 2012, posted “farewell, my dear badminton” on Chinese social media website Weibo. Read the full story here.