EVERY MORNING THESCORE brings you the stories you need to know before that first cup of coffee.
1. #CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona were held by a dogged AC Milan at the San Siro last night in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final. Elsewhere Bayern Munich put one foot in the semi-finals with 2-0 victory in Marseille.
2. #GAA Cork and Kerry set up a Munster U-21 football final last night. The Rebels saw off Clare at Pairc Ui Rinn on a score of 3-15 to 1-6 while the Kingdom beat Waterford at Austin Stack Park in Tralee, 4-26 to 1-4.
3. RWC2023 The Dáil heard yesterday that Ireland is more than capable of hosting the rugby world cup.
4. #LEGEND Shane Horgan called time on his rugby career yesterday due to a long-term knee injury. “I have been extremely fortunate to have played regularly for my province and with Ireland since my debut with Leinster in 1998,” said the Leinster and Ireland winger, “and while I am disappointed that injury has forced me to retire now, I know I have been very lucky to have had such a long and largely injury-free career.” We then scuttled down to the basement to root out 23 of our favourite images from the 33-year-old’s career.
5. #LONDON2012 Paul McGrath told TheScore yesterday he’d be honoured to carry the Olympic torch this summer but admitted he had yet to be approached. The FAI told us earlier that they had confirmed an Irish soccer legend for the task.