Every morning TheScore.ie serves up the stories you need to know with your morning coffee.
1. #US MASTERS It’s here! The 2012 edition begins today but the weather has been playing havoc with preparations for what could be an epic Masters. Storms forced the traditional par-3 tournament to be cancelled last night — though Pádraig Harrington shared the title — while we could well have a much-interrupted few days in store.
2. #GAA Dublin’s U-21 retained their Leinster crown with an 11-point win over Louth in Navan last night. The 1-16 to 0-8 victory sealed a very impressive third provincial title in four years for the Dubs. In Ulster, Cavan will face Tyrone in the ulster U-21 football final after last night’s action. The Red Hand saw off Derry by five points while Cavan beat Derry 2-8 to 1-9.
3. #CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Last night’s European action was something of a damp squib in the end wasn’t it? Chelsea — 1-0 up from the first leg — ultimately won out 2-1 at home to Benfica when it looked like they might stumble at the end. In Madrid, Real saw off the challenge of APOEL Nicossia, winning 5-2 on the night and 8-2 on aggregate.
4. #EURO2012 Stephen Hunt will undergo surgery today on that troubling groin injury, meaning he could be out of action for two weeks or so.
5. #INJURY Limerick GAA chiefs are hopeful they will see John Galvin in their midfield at some stage over this summer despite suffering a second cruciate injury in a year.
7. YOUTUBE If it’s Thursday, and my giant Easter countdown clock tells me it is, then it must be the day we round up the week’s best virals. Get your suggestions in, as normal, but this one has to be there, Jeff? (Via Balls.ie)
YouTube credit: /foggblogg