1. #RWC2011 Paul O’Connell has emerged as a major injury doubt for Ireland ahead of Sunday morning’s winner-takes-all clash with Italy in Dunedin.
The Munster man sat out training yesterday with a hamstring strain.
Declan Kidney will name his side tonight with Munster pairing Ronan O’Gara and Conor Murray tipped to start.
2. #EUROPA LEAGUE Shamrock Rovers take on Tottenham Hotspur in the second of their Europa League group stages this evening.
We’ll liveblog the action throughout. The Hoops trained at the famous north London venue last night, right, with manager Michael O’Neill urging his charges to enjoy the experience.
3. #CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Last night in European football, Arsenal beat Olympiakos 2-1 at the Emirates thanks to goals from Oxlade Chamberlain and Santos.
In the women’s competition, Peamount United were beaten 2-0 by Paris St Germain in front of over 2,000 spectators at Tallaght Stadium last night.
4. #RWC2011 Two of England’s backroom team have been suspended for the crunch Pool B clash with Scotland by the Rugby Football Union
Kicking coach Dave Alred and fitness specialist Paul Stridgeon were found to have illegally switched balls during England’s 67-3 win over Romania.
5. #DRIVEN OUT Carlos Tevez’s Manchester City career looks over. The Argentina striker was last night suspended for the maximum two weeks by the club last night.
6. #YOUTUBE I’m told it’s Thursday by my novelty underwear, so it must be time for our favourite virals from the past seven days.
Get your picks into us in the usual ways – a very sweaty Walter Pandiani will have to make the list.