Every morning TheScore.ie brings you the stories you need to know before your first cup of coffee.
1. #HURLING So, after yesterday’s action in Thurles, we now know the All-Ireland SHC semi-final pairings. Cork hung on to see off Munster rivals Waterford in the earlier throw-in to get back to Croke Park. Jimmy Barry-Murphy insisted afterwards that a similar performance would not be good enough to beat Galway at HQ however. Later on, Kilkenny rallied in the second half to end Limerick’s summer and will now look forward to a showdown with Tipperary. So. that’ll be good.
2. #OLYMPICS It might have been past your bedtime last night but Wexford guard Adam Nolan made it three out of three so far for Ireland’s boxers in London. Here’s everything you might have missed yesterday.
3. #LONDON2012 There’s no let up. Check out everything you need to know about today’s events here.
4. #GAELIC FOOTBALL After the conclusion of Saturday’s final All-Ireland SFC qualifiers, the draw was made for next weekend’s last-eight ties. And there are some mouth-watering clashes on the card. Donegal and Kerry will meet in what is undoubtedly the clash of the round. Cork will take on Kildare, Mayo meet Down and All-Ireland champions Dublin will take on Leinster rivals Laois. Check out the full venue and time details here.
5. #BETTING He had a solid start to his Games on the water yesterday, but it has emerged that Peter O’Leary is the Irish Olympian who placed ‘small bets’ on events that he was involved with himself in Beijing four years ago. RTE report that sources claim the Corkman was ‘naive’.