Every morning TheScore.ie bring you the stories you need to know before your first cup of coffee.
1. #GAA Tipperary booked a Munster SHC semi-final spot with Cork in a few weeks’ time. But they were given a hell of a test by Limerick at Semple Stadium.
John Allen’s side were seven points up coming into the home stretch but the Premier pulled it out of the fire to win by four points. Lar Corbett was on the line but not togged out.
2. #GAA Earlier, Kerry were ring rusty in their Munster SFC opener against Tipp at the same venue. A young Premier side impressed with some committed defending and good score taking but were ultimately out-classed. Meath came back to get past Wicklow while Monaghan finished strongly to sink Antrim.
3. #PRO12 Leinster lost their third Celtic League final on the trot at the RDS yesterday, going down by a single point to Ospreys. Joe Schmidt admitted he was left bemused by some of Roman Poite’s decisions.
4. #EURO2012 Ireland’s European Championship hopefuls landed at their Tuscan base yesterday with key duo John O’Shea and Shay Given still topping the injury list. Giovanni Trapattoni will give an update this morning. Earlier, Italy’s tournament preparations were disrupted by a match-fixing probe investigation.
5. RÁS Nicholas Baldo (Switzerland Atlas Jakroo) saw out the final stage of the 2012 An Post Rás yesterday to keep hold of the yellow jersey and become the winner of the 60th edition of the famous race. The Frenchman finished in 30thposition, level on time with last year’s champion Gediminas Bagdonas (An Post Sean Kelly), who won a scintillating bunch sprint which involved 72 riders
6. #GOLF Luke Donald won the PGA Championship yesterday and returned to the top of the world rankings, at Rory McIlroy’s expense.