1. #MLS CUP Robbie Keane’s LA Galaxy are celebrating their third MLS Cup this morning after a 1-0 win against the Houston Dynamo in the early hours of this morning.
The Dubliner was at the heart of the game’s only goal, combining with David Beckham to play in Landon Donovan in the 72nd minute.
2. #CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP St Brigid’s of Roscommon hung on to win their second successive Connacht club championship title, beating Corofin by a single point in an ill-tempered affair in Kiltoom.
The Connacht council will open an investigation, however, after referee Liam Devenney was accosted by angry Corofin supporters after the final whistle.
3. #PREMIER LEAGUE Andre Villas-Boas and Chelsea were left singing the blues yesterday after Liverpool condemned them to back-to-back home losses for the first time in the Roman Abramovich era.
Ex-Chelsea man Glen Johnson grabbed the headlines and all three points when he struck to give Liverpool a 2-1 win with just three minutes remaining.
4. #HEINEKEN CUP Following mixed fortunes for the Irish provinces on Saturday, Leinster kept their Heineken Cup defence on track yesterday with a comfortable bonus-point win over Glasgow in the RDS.
Rob Kearney, Eoin O’Malley (2), Gordon D’Arcy and Isaac Boss got the tries as Joe Schmidt’s men romped to a 38-13 win.
5. #PUNCHESTOWN Thousand Stars has been cut to odds of 20/1 for next year’s Cheltenham Champion Hurdle after scoring an impressive five-and-a-half lengths win for Willie Mullins and Ruby Walsh in the Morgiana Hurdle yesterday.
The day’s feature was just one of four races won by Mullins with odds-on favourite So Young landing the opener for the stable.