1. #DUBS The capital is coming to terms with its first All-Ireland title in sixteen years after Stephen Cluxton’s last-gasp free-kick put Kerry to the sword yesterday.
The Lord Mayor will host a civic reception and official homecoming in the team’s honour this evening. Proceedings are due to get underway in Merrion Square at 7pm.
2. #FERGIE You can add the name of Alex Ferguson to the already lengthy list of Ashley Cole’s enemies.
The Scot has lashed out at the Chelsea defender following his controversial challenge on Javier Hernandez, branding it “shocking” and accusing Cole of going “over the edge”. He was more generous when it came to Fernando Torres’ open-goal miss (video), however, noting that “the worst things happen to the best strikers in the world.”
3. #RWC2011 The Irish team have set about the tricky business of recuperating in the wake of their stunning World Cup victory over Australia.
Both Paul O’Connell and Gordon D’Arcy are nursing minor hamstring injuries, while Rob Kearney and Mike Ross, both of whom suffered muscle spasms during the match, appear to have recovered fully.
4. #FORE Lexi Thompson has become the youngest winner of a multi-round event in LPGA history. The 16-year-old golfer carded a final round of the 70 to take the Navistar Classic by five shots over Tiffany Joh.
Given her age, the teenager will have to petition the tour for full-time playing status next year. Regardless of whether or not her bid is successful, it looks likely that Thompson, whose brothers are both successful professionals in their own right, will be a fixture in the women’s game for many years to come.
5. #PHEW Just in case you need a little jolt of adrenaline this morning…