1. #HURLING The final day of this year’s National Hurling League certainly didn’t disappoint. Dublin started the day as an outside bet for a place in the league final but a win over Cork and defeat for Galway was enough to see Anthony Daly’s men into a first league final in 65 years.
Check back shortly when we’ll have a round-up of all of yesterday’s action.
2. #GOLF For the second time in as many weeks, Rory McIlroy had to endure final-day disappointment as he finished third at the Maybank Malaysian Open.
The Ulsterman’s total of -14 was only good enough for third place, finishing two shots behind 17-year-old winner Matteo Manassero.
3. #UNDER PRESSURE Former Ireland and Liverpool stars Ronnie Whelan and Ray Houghton are under pressure to withdraw from RTE’s Premier Soccer Saturday, which is sponsored by The Irish Sun.
The Sun has been been the subject of a 22-year long boycott by Liverpool supporters and people on Merseyside over allegations it made about Liverpool supporters in the aftermath of the 1989 Hillsborough stadium disaster, in which 96 people were crushed to death.
4. #ROBBED A furious Paul McCloskey and his camp are demanding a rematch against Amir Khan after Saturday evening’s WBA light-welterweight fight was stopped on doctor’s orders.
McCloskey felt that his corner should have been allowed to treat the cut which opened above his eye in the sixth round with promoter Barry Hearn promising to request a full investigation from the WBA.
5. #PLAY IT AGAIN GAA chiefs voted to reintroduce replays for drawn provincial and All-Ireland games at this weekend’s Congress.
Today’s Irish Examiner reports Director-General Pairic Duffy as stating that the possibility of increased gate receipts was one of the main reasons behind the decision.
6. #HOOP DREAMS This weekend marked the beginning of the NBA Playoffs with some late drama deciding the match-up between old rivals the New York Knicks and the Boston Celtics.
We’ve included the highlights below – it’s not a bad way to start your Monday.