1. #INJURY BLOW A bad week just got a lot worse for Manchester United.
Nemanja Vidic left the field injured during the defeat to Basle on Wednesday night. It has now emerged that the centre half will miss the rest of the season with a cruciate ligament injury.
2. #HEINEKEN CUP There’s a massive weekend of European Cup rugby in store. We’ll liveblog each of the four games involving the Irish provinces.
Tonight Ulster take on Aironi at Ravenhill; last night they named a side including Ruan Pienaar and Paddy McAllister.
Last night, Munster confirmed that Simon Zebo would be fit for selection against Scarlets tomorrow in Wales. The wing came through yesterday’s session, after an injury scare earlier in the week.
3. #GOLF It’s hotting up in Dubai as Rory McIlroy attempts to catch Luke Donald this weekend.
This morning, the Holywood native, was in the penultimate group with Sergio Garcia, while Hanson had Paul Lawrie for company after the Scot’s 65.
Luke Donald pulled himself together after a bogey on the first. We’ll have a full report later in the morning but view the live leaderboard here.
4. #LONDON2012 The Olympic torch will visit Dublin next summer. Organisers yesterday confirmed that a June 6 date has been agreed.
5. #BOOKED ‘Engage: the Fall and Rise of Matt Hampson’ won the williamhill.com Irish Sports Book of the Year award.
The Paul Kimmage-penned book came out on top ahead of runners-up, “Life, Death and Hurling” by Michael Duignan and“One Hell of a Ride” by Paul Carberry.
6. #EURO2012 Wayne Rooney will be free to play in England’s final Euro 2012 group game following a successful appeal against his three-match international ban.
The striker was hit with the suspension when he was sent off in England’s penultimate qualifier against Montenegro, but won his case to have it reduced to two games following a disciplinary hearing at UEFA headquarters in Nyon yesterday.