EVERY WEEKDAY MORNING, TheScore.ie brings you the stories you need to know before 9am. You’re welcome.
1. #EURO 2012 It’s now official – Ireland will not face England before next summer’s European Championships in Poland and Ukraine.
The English FA yesterday announced that Fabio Capello’s side will line out against Norway at Oslo’s Ullevaal Stadion on 26 May before playing Belgium in Wembley on 2 June.
It was previously hoped the Three Lions would travel to Dublin for the first game between the sides since the abandoned Lansdowne Rd tie in 1995.
2. #IRISH OPEN Royal Portrush will today be named the host of the 2012 Irish Open.
The European Tour will make the announcement at the Co Antrim course at a press conference this atternoon. Last night, home players Darren Clarke and Graeme McDowell welcomed the decision.
3. #BOXING Amir Khan last night accused an unidentified man of “interfering” with the judges at ringside during his defeat to Lamont Peterson.
4. #MANCHESTER DERBY Kolo and Yaya Toure will miss Sunday’s FA Cup third round showdown with Mancester City.
The Ivory Coast pair have been compelled to report to the squad’s base in Paris tomorrow ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations. City boss Roberto Mancini had hoped the brothers would be allowed to line our against United
5. #SIX NATIONS Scotland and France yesterday named their panels for the upcomimng Six Nations. Check them out here.
England meanwhile are sweating – to use that awful term – on Manu Tuilagi. The Samoan-born centre injured his hamstring while playing for Leicester over Christmas and will miss the Heineken Cup game with Ulster and perhaps the Six Nations.
6. #GALLOP Hurricane Fly looks to have finally got his Cheltenham preparations back on track after delighting trainer Willie Mullins with a piece of work at Leopardstown yesterday.
The 2011 Champion Hurdler was taken out for the cameras yesterday after a lenghty lay-off and Mullins say he is now targeting the Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown on 29 January for his seasonal bow.
7. #TRANSFER WINDOW What about this one? The Daily Mail are reporting that Frank Lampard to Manchester United may be a runner this month.