1. #EUROPE Sligo Rovers earned an impressive scoreless draw in the Ukraine last night while Airtricity League rivals St Pat’s were beaten 2-0.
The Saints conceded a killer injury-time goal when Andrei Voronkov struck three minutes into injury-time to give Karpaty Lviv a 2-0 lead to take to Dublin.
The Bit O’ Red meanwhile are now just 90 minutes away from booking their place in the Europa League play-off round after they battled to a hard-fought 0-0 draw away to Vorskla Poltava.
2. #IRISH OPEN Rory McIlroy made a good start to his Irish Open yesterday before he became embroiled in a Twitter spat with a radio pundit.
“Shut up,” McIlroy tweeted to Jay Townsend, BBC Five Live’s American commentator. “You’re a commentator and a failed golfer, your opinion means nothing.”
Townsend had criticised McIlroy’s course management and the performance of his caddy.
3. #GAA Cork last night named their side to face Mayo in Sunday’s All-Ireland SFC quarter-final.
Conor Counihan will deploy Carrigaline man Nicholas Murphy at full forward. In the only change for the Rebels, the midfielder has been chosen to replace the injured Daniel Goulding for the All-Ireland SFC quarter-final.
4. #IRELAND U19 Paul Doolin’s side face tournament favourites Spain this evening. RTÉ Two will broadcast live coverage of the game from Bucharest beginning at 6.30pm and streamed simultaneously live on RTÉ.ie.
Here’s what they’re up against.
5. #NFL It’s all kikcing off stateside as franchises try to get their free agents business done – and quickly. Last night the Patriots signed up Chad Ochocinco.
6. #AGUERO Yesterday we introduced Manchester City’s newest big-money signing Sergio Aguero. Here’s Kun teaching his son – and Diego Maradona’s grandson remember – how to kick a ball.