The Score uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 19 °C Wednesday 23 July, 2014

Tevez apologises to Man City fans for ‘misunderstanding’

The striker rejects allegations that he refused to come on in Man City’s Champions League tie last night.

Tevez has failed to feature regularly for City so far this season.
Tevez has failed to feature regularly for City so far this season.

ARGENTINIAN STRIKER CARLOS Tevez has claimed the allegation that he refused to come on as a substitute in last night’s Champions League match between Man City and Bayern Munich is untrue.

City manager Roberto Mancini had told reporters that Tevez would never play for the club again, after his alleged actions last night.

However, the Argentinian striker has since responded to these claims, saying:

“I would like to apologise to all Manchester City fans, with whom I have always had a strong relationship, for any misunderstanding that occurred in Munich.”

He added:

“This is not the right time to get into specific details as to why this did not happen. But I wish to state that I never refused to play.”

Last night, Mancini condemned the player’s actions (see video below), saying:

“If I have my way he will be out. He’s finished with me.”

Tevez has been a continual source of controversy at the club and has regularly been linked with a move away from Manchester.

He was stripped of the club’s captaincy at the start of the season, after he regularly expressed his feelings of discontent during the summer.


Read: As it happened: Champions League Tuesday>

Read: Sweaty jerseys are slowing us down, says Barca players>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

Comments (2 Comments)

Add New Comment