UNLESS YOU’VE BEEN glued to the internet all weekend, there’s a chance that some weird and wonderful sporting tidbits might have slipped through the cracks. Here’s a run-down of some of our favourites…
1. #TWISTER You often see managers causing a storm on the touchline but the players involved in this amateur match were caught by surprise when a real life tornado struck mid-game.
YouTube credit: MsAnchi88
2. #CONFUSED Alex Ferguson was presumably watching the Dark Knight Rises recently as the Manchester United boss got mixed up with Tottenham winger Gareth Bale and the American actor of the same surname who plays Batman.
3. #GETTING AN EARFUL Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs’ James Graham will later this week attend a hearing with the Australian NRL after the English forward appearing to bite Melbourne’s Billy Slater at the ANZ Stadium over the weekend.
YouTube credit: juxtaposingBinaries
4. #RACE WITH A DIFFERENCE On Saturday, 164 runners took part in the world’s hardest 400m race in the snowless ski resort of Planica, Slovenia. Winners Arslan Ahmet of Turkey (men’s) and Austria’s Teresea Stadlober (women’s), we salute you.
YouTube credit: redbull
5. #SO LONG, CON We’re sad to hear that RTE presnter Con Murphy is leaving the state broadcaster and will particularly miss his work on MNS. Best of luck for the future, Con.