1. #GAA News yesterday that Peter Canavan was set to take over as Fermanagh boss has been confirmed. The Tyrone legend has been appointed on a three-year term.
A statement from the Fermanagh County Board read: “We are delighted to have Peter on board and wish him and the rest of the Fermanagh senior team the very best of luck.”
2. #PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham continued their excellent recent run of form with a 2-0 win over Aston Villa last night.
Two goals from Emmanuel Adebayor were enough to take them up to third place in the Premier League table.
3. #RETIREMENT Yesterday it was announced that Kilkenny’s James ‘Cha’ Fitzpatrick would be retiring from inter-county hurling.
The player, who is 26, cited his inability to get into the first team and his desire to travel around the world as reasons for the decision.
4. #ATP WORLD TOUR FINALS World Number One Novak Djokovic secured a hard-fought victory in his opening match of the event in London yesterday.
The Serb beat Tomas Berdych 3-6 6-3 7-6 (7/3), saving a match point in the process. Andy Murray, meanwhile, may have to pull out of the event due to injury, after losing his opening match yesterday.
5. #HEINEKEN CUP Connacht’s Mike McCarthy has been cited following an incident in Connacht’s game with Toulouse at the weekend.
McCarthy is alleged to have committed a dangerous tackle on Vincent Clerc, for which he received a yellow card, and could be out of action for a number of weeks if further action is taken.
6. #OLYMPICS Finally, the tickets for next summer’s men’s 100m final have been set at a hefty €5,000.
Below is a video of the final from the last Olympics, in case you’re wondering what all the fuss is about.