TOTTENHAM MANAGER HARRY Redknapp has admitted he is unsure whether Luka Modric will still be at White Hart Lane next season.
The 26-year-old had been targeted by Chelsea last summer but Spurs were able to keep hold of the Croatian.
However, team-mate Gareth Bale said on Saturday that he would consider his future if the club failed to qualify for the Champions League.
And now Redknapp has revealed that he is not as certain about Modric’s future as he was after holding off interest from Chelsea for the player just eight months ago.
“Last summer it was vital that we kept hold of Luka,” he told reporters.
“I don’t think we will have to do it with people like Gareth Bale this summer.
“Luka, it’s different with him. I don’t know what he would do.
“I would be lying if I said I was sure that he would stay. You don’t know.
“But certainly I wouldn’t see Gareth Bale wanting to leave here.
“At the moment he is happy here, a big fish here. He is still learning the game, a young boy, and this is where he needs to be.
“You would like to think Luka would still be here, but you never know.”