MERCEDES DRIVER MICHAEL SCHUMACHER says he does not regret his decision to return to Formula One racing.
The seven-time world champion returned to competition three years ago after initially retiring at the end of the 2006 season.
Since making his comeback to the circuit, Schumacher has claimed just one podium finish – third place at the 2012 European Grand Prix.
However, the 43-year-old insists he has no doubts about the decision to return.
“I have not regretted my comeback for a second,” Schumacher told Germany’s Bild newspaper.
“There have been a lot of good moments.”
Sunday’s Belgian Grand Prix will mark Schumacher’s 300th Grand Prix race.
Schumacher will become the second driver in history, behind Rubens Barrichello, to reach the milestone and he is opening to celebrate with a positive showing.
“For me, it’s clearly the number one race track in the world,” he said.
“It’s uncanny how I always seem to have special moments there – my debut, my first win, a world championship victory and many great races.
“The fact that I will also take part in my 300th grand prix at Spa was somehow almost inevitable and we will have to celebrate it in the right way.
“I’m proud to be just the second driver in the history of the sport to reach this milestone and there’s no question that we are looking to have a particularly nice weekend.
“We delivered a good performance in Spa last year and I’ll be doing everything possible to drive a strong race.”
Sunday’s race at the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps may be Schumacher’s last appearance in Belgium with the German refusing to speculate on a new deal for next season.
“We don’t need to talk about winning the championship this year,” he said.
“And whether the journey goes on next year is not clear yet.”