Every morning TheScore.ie brings you the stories you need to know before that first cup of coffee.
1. #JFT96 Yesterday the truth, today justice. That was the message from Merseyside yesterday as Liverpool’s fans were finally vindicated in their 23-year battle against the British establishment. PM David Cameron apologised for what has now become the Hillsborough Scandal. Here’s how today’s newspapers are reporting the historic news.
2. #GAA Galway talisman Joe Canning yesterday cranked the intensity up a level ahead of 30 September’s All-Ireland hurling final replay — if that were possible – by having a cut of the Kilkenny camp. The Portumna forward insisted Cats legend Henry Shefflin acted in an ‘unsporting’ manner during the first game at Croke Park.
3. #RUGBY New Munster chief Rob Penney yesterday made three changes for tomorrow’s RaboDirect Pro12 clash against Ulster, showing faith in those players who opened the season with back-to-back wins. Conor Murray, Ronan O’Gara and Keith Earls are all available again following their involvement in Ireland’s summer tour of New Zealand but the international trio have to make do with a place among the replacements for the trip to Ravenhill. Here’s the full run-down.
4. #COYBIG So Giovanni Trapattoni will wake up in his own bed this morning after an international break that saw Ireland claim two wins but with more questions and issues arising amongst his squad. James McClean this morning admits his Twitter rant last Friday was idiotic while Trap yesterday insisted Robbie Brady — who impressed against Oman on Tuesday evening – needs to go and get himself more first team football.
5. #RABO We caught up with Jamie Heaslip yesterday. And he’s raring to go.