IAN MADIGAN WAS last night named Leinster Players’ Player of the Year at Dublin’s Mansion House.
The 24-year-old outhalf has enjoyed an excellent season with the province – appearing 28 times – and also made his debut for Ireland in the Six Nations.
Leinster Academy forward Jordi Murphy picked up Young Player of the Year while Mike Ross’ effort against Wasps in the Amlin Challenge Cup was voted Try of the Year and the departing Isa Nacewa earned Tackled of the Year for his challenge on Ulster’s Stuart Olding.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Bank of Ireland Players Player of the Year: Ian Madigan
- Powerade Young Player of the Year: Jordi Murphy
- Powerade School of the Year: Blackrock College
- Herald PRO of the Year: Kirstin Smith (Railway Union)
- Cityjet Womens Player of the Year: Ailis Egan (Old Belvedere)
- Guinness Hall of Fame: Eddie Coleman
- Canterbury Club Player of the Year: Aaron Deverell (Tullamore)
- Canterbury Junior Club of the Year: Tullamore RFC
- Evening Herald Try of the Year: Mike Ross v London Wasps
- Conrad Hotel Tackle of the Year: Isa Nacewa v Ulster
- Cityjet Womens Rugby Club Person of the Year: Eugene Noble (Clondalkin RFC)
- Special Merit School: St. Patrick’s Classical School, Navan
- Honorary Lifetime Patron: David & Cathy Shubotham