HE’S THE GIFT that keeps on giving.
Two fire engines were sent to the home of Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli last night.
The Italy striker, hours before this afternoon’s Manchester derby, is said to have set off fireworks from his bathroom window, starting a blaze in the house.
A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews managed to put the fire out within half an hour of arriving but remained at the scene until 2.45am to prevent any possible flare-ups.
“Smoke alarms were fitted at the property and the occupiers were able to get out unharmed. The fire was caused by a firework.”
City have confirmed the striker is fit to start today.