1. You know someone in this picture
Hill 16 on September 22, 2002. ©INPHO/Lorraine O’Sullivan
2. Your interest in the Leinster SFC has grown in recent years
3. Same with hurling
4, The rest of the world has you to thank for penalty shoot-outs
‘You’ being Armagh’s William McCrum who came up with the idea of a spot-kick in 1890 in order to discourage cynical fouling – you hear that Spillane? Armagh discourage cynical fouls.
So, thanks for this sort of thing.
YouTube credit: دريب سبورت·
5. You haven’t bet on your County Championship in about 16 years
Donal Murtagh helping Crossmaglen Rangers to the first of many Ulster titles against Bellaghy in 1996. © INPHO/Lorraine O’Sullivan
6. And, unless you’re from Cross’, this was the best club championship in recent memory
7. Tommy Bowe may be from Monaghan, but you know well he learned to play rugby in Armagh
So Armagh’s to blame for whatever’s going on with his hair here.
Ulster also has the Royal School to thank for Declan Fitzpatrick and Willie Faloon (now of Connacht) ©INPHO/Andrew Paton
8. You love a good game of road bowls
9. You know there’s ACTUALLY nothing wrong with Neil Lennon’s hearing…
Lynne Cameron/PA Archive/Press Association Images
10. …the boys he trained with in the minor team told you
11. You’ve heard tell of another man who excelled across several sports
The one time featherweight champion of the world Isaac O’Neill Weir was also supposedly an acrobat and a jockey. Nicknamed ‘The Spider, boxing would eventually be his downfall too, however.
12. There’s only one ‘Oisin’
13. And sure, there’s no point in referring to them Kernans by their surname either
14. You wore out the road to Clones, so they had to put the Ulster final in Croke Park
15. Growing up, you were desperate for a Tommy Donaldson-made bike
16. When it comes to All Irelands you know it’s about quality, not quantity
17. If you had a vote, it’d be for Francie Bellew to be Primate of All Ireland