THE SPORTING YEAR is dead. Long live the sporting year.
As the books close on 2010, the next 12 months offers yet more opportunities to win/lose a fortune. Just ask Brian Lenihan.
Reigning All Ireland SFC champions Cork are 9/4 to successfully defend their title while Dublin are 6/1 to end their 16-year wait (I personally fancy the Dubs).
Tipp are 6/4 to make it back to back All Ireland Hurling titles while Cody’s Cats are 11/10.
In rugby, Ireland is 13/2 to win the Grand Slam while Giovanni Trapattoni’s Ireland are 11/4 to qualify for Euro 2012.
Here’s a few more to consider.
1. Kerry to win All Ireland Football Championship 7/2
2. Tipp to win All Ireland Hurling Championship 6/4
3. Ireland to win the Grand Slam in 2011 13/2
4. An Irish Province to win the Heineken Cup 7/2
5. Ireland to win the Rugby World Cup 25/1
6. Republic of Ireland to qualify for Euro 2012 11/4
7. An Irish team to qualify for the Champions League or Uefa Group stage 10/1
8. An Irishman to win a major in 2011 7/5
9. An Irishman to win the European Order of Merit in 2011 3/1
10. Tiger Woods not to win a major in 2011 10/11
11. AP McCoy to win the Grand National 12/1
12. Ireland to qualify for Super 8′s at ICC Cricket World Cup 14/1
Odds courtest of Boylesport.